- Type of Publication: Monthly Reminder
- Date: December 29, 2017
- Subject: Monthly Reporting to OSFI on List of Names subject to the Regulations Establishing a List of Entities made under subsection 83.05(1) of the Criminal Code and/or the Regulations Implementing the United Nations Resolutions on the Suppression of Terrorism (RIUNRST) and/or United Nations Al-Qaida and Taliban Regulations (UNAQTR)
This reminder is specifically directed to the attention of all banks, authorized foreign banks, trust and loan companies, cooperative credit societies, life insurance companies, property and casualty insurance companies and fraternal benefit societies.
The next monthly report to OSFI under the above Regulations must be filed by January 15, 2018. The most recent revisions were made to the lists on October 6, 2017.
Names subject to the regulations made under the Criminal Code and those names subject to the RIUNRST and the UNAQTR have been combined into the lists currently posted on OSFI’s Web site at http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/Eng/fi-if/amlc-clrpc/atf-fat/Pages/default.aspx.
You are also reminded that all monthly OSFI 525 Reports must be filed with OSFI’s Ottawa office at 255 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H2 or by fax at 613-991-6248.
Copies of the OSFI 525 reporting forms, together with filing instructions, are available on OSFI’s Web site at http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/Eng/fi-if/amlc-clrpc/atf-fat/Pages/default.aspx. Please use the latest version of the forms.
Federally regulated financial institutions need file only one monthly aggregate OSFI 525 Report by the 15th of each month, covering assets frozen under any or all of the Regulations.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation. If you have any questions concerning the above, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This reminder is also being sent to the following for their information:
- Provincial Regulators and Supervisors
- Canadian Association of Direct Response Insurers
- Canadian Bankers Association
- Canadian Fraternal Association
- Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association
- Canadian Securities Administrators
- Credit Union Central of Canada
- Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada
- Trust Companies Association of Canada