Service Standards for applications by insurance institutions that are requesting approval from the office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) to release assets vested in trust and / or vest a non-schedule "A" asset filed on Form 298 (Form 298 Applications).
- Service standards: OSFI will usually provide a decision on a Form 298 request within three business days. Where requests require additional information from the financial institution and involve further analysis, our decision may take longer. OSFI makes every effort to respond to requests on a timely basis.
- Performance target: Under normal circumstances, OSFI expects to meet a target of 80% for achieving this standard.
- Performance results:
|Under normal circumstances, OSFI expects to provide a decision on From 298 requests within three business days.
- Applying for Form 298 Applications - Procedures for Completing OSFI Form 298
Service feedback and Complaints:
In the event you are not satisfied with the service received in connection with your Form 298 approval request, you can call, fax or email OSFI as follows:
- Via telephone, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday
- 1-800-385-8647 or
- 613-943-3950 (local Ottawa/Gatineau)
- Via fax: 613-990-5591
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via regular mail:
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada
- 255 Albert Street
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0H2
OSFI Contact Information
- Mailing address:
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
- Securities Administration Unit
- P.O Box 39
- 121 King Street West, Suite 1900
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3T9
- Fax: (416) 973-1171
- Email: SAU@osfi-bsif.gc.ca
For more information
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.