Job opportunities at OSFI
Where to find a list of our job opportunities
How to apply
You can apply online for OSFI positions through GC Jobs. Before you apply, you’ll need to create a GC Jobs account (when you get to the privacy notice, select continue to go to the account creation page).
Please feel free to self-identify if you belong to an employment equity group. We’re committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Check out our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy.
What we’re looking for in candidates
We want the right people with the right skills in the right jobs. To that end, we look for candidates that excel in the following competencies:
- Sharing a community mindset
- Promoting cohesion, curiosity and acceptance rather than competition
- Breaking down barriers to achieve common objectives
- Being willing to take a creative approach to problems and adapt to changing circumstances with comfort
- Going beyond the conventional
- Creating psychological safety
- Promoting experimentation, learning, taking risks, and challenging the status quo
- Being clear and honest in communications about actions and decisions
- Being open when interacting with others, acting with personal, behavioural, and professional integrity, humility, and building trust
- Growth and development
- Being committed to continuously learning and developing yourself and others
- Taking initiative to recognize strengths and developmental needs and improving them accordingly
- Critical thinking
- Gathering and evaluating data to guide decision-making
- Interpreting, challenging, and analyzing information to arrive at sound conclusions
- Results orientation
- Taking personal responsibility to reach or exceed goals
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency, ownership for results and consistently achieving results
- Interpersonal communication
- Communicating ideas clearly and with understanding
- Attempting to understand others’ perspectives
- Respecting diversity of thought and cultural diversity
- Actively listening
- Seeking to understand
- Fostering a psychologically and physically safe environment
- Promoting diversity, equity, and all-inclusive participation
- Adapting to individual, societal, or cultural cues
- Leading people (for managers and executives)
- Inspiring and motivating the people you lead towards a shared vision
- Leading by example
- Monitoring performance and providing constructive feedback that enables performance excellence
During your career at OSFI, you’ll learn, develop, and build on many of these core competencies.
Jobs for students and recent graduates
You might be our ideal candidate for a student or new graduate position if you meet the following criteria:
- You’ve recently graduated or are about to graduate from university
- You’re looking for a summer job
- You’re interested in a co-op program
The Federal Student Work Experience Program is the national inventory of full-time students looking to gain government experience. If you’re a full-time student looking for a placement at OSFI, please register with this program. Once registered, you’ll be eligible for positions at OSFI or other summer student positions with the Government of Canada.
The Post-Secondary Co-op/Internship Program allows students to get experience with federal organizations in their field of study.
Register with your school’s on-campus co-op/internship program if you’d like to explore co-op opportunities with OSFI.