File and submit a return
Federally regulated financial institutions and pension plans need to file regular returns with us. We provide instructions on how to meet these requirements to file corporate and financial returns, for deposit-taking institutions, insurance companies and pension plans.
On this page
Filing instructions and forms
Use the reporting forms and instructions to help you file your returns correctly and within a designated reporting period. Refer to the reporting instructions for submission and due dates.
File a return for a financial institution
File a pension plan return
- Process for defined benefits pension plan annual returns
- Process for defined contributions pension plan annual returns
- Process for pooled registered pension plan annual returns
- Process for pension plan amendments, applications and approvals
Important: registering a pension plan
To register a pension plan, submit your registration application by email to Approvals-Approbations@osfi-bsif.gc.ca. Include all supporting documents with your application.
Submit data to the Regulatory Reporting System
Use the Regulatory Reporting System to submit corporate and financial returns.
Disclaimer: third party information liability
The Regulatory Request System instruction guides have been provided by external sources. The documents are not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements. OSFI is also not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information.
How to manage financial returns
- Manage Financial Returns User Guide for Deposit Taking Institutions (PDF format)
- Manage Financial Returns User Guide for Insurance Companies and Private Pension Plans (PDF format)
- Quick Reference Guide - Manage Financial Returns for Deposit Taking Institutions (PDF format)
- Quick Reference Guide - Manage Financial Returns for Insurance Companies and Private Pension Plans (PDF format)
How to manage corporate returns
Look up information
Understand system errors
Fines for late and erroneous submission
If you need support
Managing user accounts
Contact your Local Registration Authority to create or update user profile accounts. For more information see:
- Welcome to BoC Connect (PDF format)
- BoC Connect LRA (Local Registration Authority) Guide (PDF format)
Regulatory Reporting System support
Contact Regulatory Reporting System support for user access and technical issues.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 1-855-865-8636, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Eastern Time
Regulatory Returns Administration
Contact Regulatory Returns Administration support for questions about corporate, financial or pension returns.
- Email: RRSsupport-SDRsoutien@osfi-bsif.gc.ca
- Telephone: 1-613-991-0609, 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Time